ASOR LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
This section covers the ASOR specific procedures, team setups and requirements from a leader in ASOR.
- Assess the brief and identify possible gaps in your orders or requirements the orders might bring for your squad.
- Write questions down if required.
- Assuming Nothing.
- Get answers to questions.
- Identify and brief, 2IC, FTL’s as soon as possible and USE THEM.
- Let FTL’s run there guys and report back to you.
- Try and discourage members coming to you directly, pass information to the FTL’s in private where possible so the flow is identified.
- Ensure FT members have a Callsign / Number.
- Ensure FT members have a buddy and know who it is.
- Identify the roles in your squad, medic, AT, LMG, Engineer etc.
- Brief any roles with any specifics, LMG out far side, EOD front etc.
- Ensure any extra kit is shared to carry around, LMG or AT rounds etc.
Squad Briefing (if conducted separate from your team)
- Pass on everything you can.
- Ask for questions.
- If the entire team was present for the commanders briefing ask your team in private for any questions.
- Confirm with 2IC an understanding of the mission and his readiness to take over.
- Ensure 2IC has long range comms and do a comms check.
Squad Review (Before any acknowledgement of readiness)
- Sound Off – FTL’s should have set Callsigns to FTM’s.
- Sound Off should be done on Squad Radio, if not do radio check.
- Radio Check command net.
- Equipment Check – Task specific or incorrect equipment. No helmet etc.
- Tactics and Rehearsals
- Go over specific mission related tactics again if any, insertion etc.
- If space permits do some formation movement and drills ensure people’s heads are right.
- Move through operation in stages don’t debrief in scatter.
- Insertion, Extraction, OBJ1, OBJ2 etc
- Don’t move on to next stage until everyone has had their turn.
- Don’t let the debrief turn into a free for all story telling.
- Looking for Pro’s and Con’s and how to improve
- Vital for the improvement of ASOR as whole, don’t pay this off.
- ASOR LEADERSHIP
- LEADER CONSIDERATIONS AND GIVING ORDERS
- ASOR LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- TEAM OPERATION
- TACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS
- LEADER COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTING
ASOR Founder, Team Leader and Community Admin