Interested in Joining? Please read the following carefully.
ASOR has a pre-requirement of trialling and training in order to be involved in ASOR Operations. Absolutely no military or ARMA gaming experience is required to join ASOR. Training is provided to bring you up to speed on our squad structure and how we play. Basic ARMA gameplay training can be provided where required, if you haven’t played ARMA 3 before. We have members willing to help new members get started at any level.
- ASOR values mature gamers, so we request that you meet the age limit which is 18+ (no exceptions).
- You must be able to play under direction, to follow orders and to comply with our rules & SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure).
- You must be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner, respectfully and maturely – this is in all areas of our community. In Operations and out.
- No stupid usernames/meme based usernames or usernames that are 5+ syllables – in Discord or In Game.
- Steps to Join
- Download & Install ASORSYNC2 and download our Modset (See our detailed Mod-Setup-Guide).
- Download and setup the Teamspeak3 Application. (Teamspeak Address: ts.asor.com.au – Scroll Down to the ASOR Channel)
- Register an account on our Forums.
- Download & Register to Discord.
- Register to, and attend an Open Training – Induction Night (Find these on our OPS page).
- Note: It is compulsory to Download Discord to get in contact with us.
- Note: It is compulsory to use ASORSYNC2 to organise and download mods.
- On Induction Day
- Test everything by joining our server BEFORE attending Induction.
- Assemble in our Teamspeak 15 minutes before the Induction Start Time. On time is LATE – Early is on time.
- Meet the Inductor and attend the Induction Night.
The Open Training Induction night is a simple training that will cover the basic aspects of ASOR that you need to know prior to joining ASOR on the battlefield. Following your successful completion of an Open Training Induction night, you are required to attend a Wednesday night. After that if you’re successful, you can then attend all ASOR Operations and any of our other nights when held.
ASOR members like to have a good laugh and a joke around when the time is right however we do focus when our operations are on. We pride ourselves on honing our training and teamwork. If you have not read our ABOUT PAGE please do so. Also check out our WIKI that has all our Squad Structures, Training and Roles available in ASOR. We look forward to seeing you beside us in battle!
Special Questions & Queries?
Feel free to contact any of our helpful members – for special questions or concerns, contact the Direct Recruitment Contacts listed below:
- Healy – ASOR Recruitment Admin
- Suits – ASOR Founder and Admin
- Lecks – ASOR Technical and Admin
- Q: Do I need any DLC’s to play with ASOR?
- A: No – It is not compulsory to have any Arma 3 DLC’s in order to play.
- Q: Is there an attendance requirement?
- A: No – Once you have joined as a Member, you can come and go from operations as you please.
- Q: Does ASOR have Ranks?
- A: No – Only a structured Chain of Command.
- Q: What happens if I can’t attend an Induction Night?
- A: Get in touch with a recruitment contact and we may be able to reschedule for you.
- Q: Will ASORSYNC2 Mods affect my normal arma or other modded gameplay?
- A: No – ASORSYNC2 Mods will only be used & selected, when you launch the game through ASORSYNC2.
- Q: How many people attend your operations?
- A: Around 20-30 average.
- Q: I can’t attend either certain Wednesday’s or Sunday’s. Can I still join?
- A: Yes.
- Q: Can I take part if I’m in a different timezone?
- A: Of course. You just need to show up!
- Q: How large is your modset through ASORSYNC 2?
- A: About 25-30GB.
ASORSYNC is required to be used to join our operations, please check out our detailed guide.
More Information and Trialling
If you would like more information on joining ASOR or setting up mods we strongly encourage all new members to join Discord and talk with us there. If you dont feel confident doing that please visit our forums and post a welcome message or any queries there.
3 Steps to Joining
Let us know your interested by either by speaking with us on teamspeak or chatting on Discord. We can help you get setup or answer any questions directly.
Attend an Open Training
Show up and attend one of our Open Training Induction on Tuesday nights, where we conduct a training operation for new applicants.