New ShackTac HUD released

Home / INDEX / Mods / New ShackTac HUD released

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Instant Muffin 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dave
    ftl black_dragon leader sotf1 supporter donator

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies

I really hope we use the occlusion feature. We likely won’t, since it would actually be a pretty drastic change that will make a lot of people who depend on the hud upset, but I can dream.

Anrchist
    sotf1 leader donator operator

The occlusion feature was negate the need for squads to shoot each other, you would be killed by your own squad instead, lol

Alby
    gallantry sotf1 dwf russia leader donator operator

Hard to tell how much affect it would have til using it, but any change would be welcome from the current all seeing eye. Would sooo luv ops in the jungle without any hud markers. Tension would be off the charts. Youd be pissing yourself getting separated every step & stressin whos in your sights. And if someone blacks out or dies youd have to phisically go back search for him. Glorious.

Dave

Let’s do it. Occlusion on.

“Hi newbies, it’s awful and you’re going to die a lot. Welcome to ARMA.”

Chang
    sql leader ftl black_dragon donator supporter

I’m up for the occlusion if it means I get at least one kill a mission!

nine lost sheep aimlessly wandering in the jungle…a whole new game experience

Zhucifer
    black_dragon leader

That whole “Look at a deceased squad-member to remove them from the ShackTac HUD” feature seems like it’d fuck with respawns. The occlusion stuff looks great too, though I imagine formations would be next to impossible.

Seems to always be practicality over Realism in my eyes. Stupid if you and your buddy are opposite eachother between a window, and the window is classed as ‘non line of sight’, or if you’re in a Vehicle and you can’t see your fireteam on ShackTac outside of it. Guess thats what its meant to do, so testing it to see how well it works would be cool.

It’s nothing radio communication or speaking in direct can’t fix I guess, as the detection ranges obviously haven’t changed.

BIS are implementing their own HUD based on STHUD with input from Dyslecki. Due out in next major update I believe.

yeah i am sure the bis implementation of it will be far superior to any lowly mod maker out there, who agrees hey! lol

Only time will tell. New STHUD might be worth a look.

Dave

Only time will tell. New STHUD might be worth a look.

It’s free, and available now. Let’s try it Sunday?

Alby
    gallantry sotf1 dwf russia leader donator operator

Pretty sure ive seen a clip of it in one of their vids. Its like stretched out along bottom kinda. Still top down but not a cirlce type hud. Same icons. Hard to explain. Didnt look better version to current. Or maybe that was another mod im thinkin of. Or maybe i just dreamt it lol

I think BI’s squad hud is already in the game. I know I used it when Tanoa first came out, it’s like a really bare bones white version of our current ST hud without the names. Also +1 for occlusion. The grenade system that was shown a while back is coming in the next ace update soon as well.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.