Maximum Memory Allocation Increase

Home / INDEX / Trouble Shooting Forum / Maximum Memory Allocation Increase

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ReaperSmurf 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi All,

The Bohemia news release for the 64 bit version of Arma 3 contained an interesting comment. The comment was that 64 bit OS running the 32 bit version of Arma 3 (i.e. most of us) can now use 3 gigs of system memory (i.e. an extra gig). This means you can increase your “-maxMem” parameter from 2047 to 3071 if you want. May give you a small performance boost and help avoid memory crashes.

Here’s the link for more info – https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters
    Apologies if this is already known, but seemed worth a post just in case you missed it.

Cheers.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Not sure if ‘maxMem’ was something that worked effectively. Was using it once before, but remember Lecks giving me several reasons for it not working (I think).

Have had issues with it causing bad performance also.
    Not sure if this is still the case.

I’m not sure if it’s still the case, but in the past Arma3 would use as much memory as is available if you don’t use -maxMem, or cap out at the amount you put if you do add it. I’m not sure if it will be needed in the 64 bit one (it shouldn’t unless you want to limit memory usage).

Last update removed some of their legacy launch instructions, such as -malloc. The advice was not to use them anymore, as the software does a better job of working out what it needs and can use.

Thanks for the link though. 🙂

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by  ReaperSmurf.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.