Kerbal Space Program – Multiplayer

Home / INDEX / Off Topic Discussion / Kerbal Space Program – Multiplayer

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Vladimir Gluten 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

OneEyed
    black_dragon operator sotf1 donator dwf russia leader

UPDATED – SEE MODPACK LINK

UPDATE 2 – RULES AND GENERAL INFO

UPDATE 3 – MODPACK UPDATE

Good evening pilots!

So with the resurgence of KSP becoming pretty apparent (Thanks Chang), I’ve decided to test out a multiplayer mod for the game, and all you folks are invited! Server details will be given out via PM through Discord or Steam, so add me on either one of those platforms and I’ll send you the info.

Rules and General Info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14C6IYWpeQaUXKfsNkmZqG5CsHe2LygymEO6Ak9b9TUc/edit?usp=sharing

PLEASE NOTE:
    If you are interested in this be aware that this is very much a test at the moment. Things can and will go wrong.
    If you wish for a mod to be added to the server, please PM me about it. \

First up, what you will need:
    (Download Both)
    ASOR Modpack : https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfsrye2f766uolk/ASOR%20KSP%20Modpack.zip?dl=0
    ASOR Modpack Update v 1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ciwnfhzur2gtg16/ASOR%20KSP%20Update%20v%201.0.zip?dl=0

Install Instructions:
    Same as with any other mod, drag the contents of the GameData folder into the KSP directory’s GameData folder and ya good son. Or just drag the GameData folder over into your KSP directory and let it merge.

Happy Flying!

• This topic was modified 10 months ago by  OneEyed.
Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies

So much old school!
    DMP was like 2015! 🙂

Good to see KSP re surging !

Might have to re-download DMP and get it set up again and join for ASOR inspired insanity.

Chang
    sql leader ftl black_dragon donator supporter

I’m interested in multiplayer, not so much all the random mods. Are the other mods a requirement?

Maybe the kerbal alarm clock, but thats about it. I can rendevous and dock just fine stock.

OneEyed

planetary bases are needed due to extra parts being added.

Dave
    ftl black_dragon leader sotf1 supporter donator

Rendezvous and dock? This isn’t just multiplayer “my thingy went bang”?

MechJeb plers?

MechJeb is for plebs

The autopilot stuff is shit, I just like the charts when building rockets, etc as I suck at math. If there is a better option I’m all ears.

OneEyed

Goldfish
    black_dragon leader operator donator supporter

I already installed the other mods you linked before One-Eyed. Is the modpack the same but all-in-one or do I need to uninstall the other mods and install this?

Alby
    gallantry sotf1 dwf russia leader donator operator

Not sure if ill find the time, but would like to be able to learn more so hopefully a chance. Sending my first kerbal to the moon & back when first played it ages ago is still the one of my favorite gaming moments.

OneEyed

Bump. Post Updated. Check Rule list.

Just an idea for the rules on naming craft, would it be a good idea to include the initials of the owner of each craft? Example ‘JF’ for Jewfishy, ‘OE’ for OneEyed, ‘W’ for Woodsy etc. Might help as we have quite a few people on the server now, and in the case we need to contact someone for whatever reason about their craft it would make the process of finding who owns it a lot quicker/easier.

Goldfish
    black_dragon leader operator donator supporter

Just an idea for the rules on naming craft, would it be a good idea to include the initials of the owner of each craft? Example ‘JF’ for Jewfishy, ‘OE’ for OneEyed, ‘W’ for Woodsy etc. Might help as we have quite a few people on the server now, and in the case we need to contact someone for whatever reason about their craft it would make the process of finding who owns it a lot quicker/easier.

I like this idea.

I got into the server fine, but I’ll need someone to explain what we do in multiplayer.

OneEyed

UPDATE!

ASOR Modpack Update v1.0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ciwnfhzur2gtg16/ASOR%20KSP%20Update%20v%201.0.zip?dl=0

Update Notes:
    Added:
    Kerbal Attachment System
    Kerbal Inventory System
    Tweakscale

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  OneEyed.

We’ll be running a career mode soon with shared resources (except for money) which will give us actual goals.

Right now it’s just a sandbox where we can do whatever we want just so we can find our feet (most of us haven’t played in a long time). Also a good way to iron out mods/rules for the upcomming career mode.

layowin
    operator

ok ive done that but how do you get multiplayer? or is the SP game tied into multiplayer?

Kapok
    operator

Anyone interested in doing a RSS/RO/RP-0 turn-based multiplayer career mode (with targets, such as first to pass karman line, etc..) ? Essentially identical to what was done here:

it’s basically turn-based and non-synchronous to afford warping and so forth. Mod list is in the video description.

Chang
    sql leader ftl black_dragon donator supporter

I would be if you are happy with a turn every weekend… think postal chess

Kapok
    operator

Yeah that’s what i’m thinking.. i couldn’t commit to anything more regular than that – though, uncertain how multiplayer is set up as i’ve only ever done single player (exclusively RO/RSS/RP-0) – do you have experience in setting something like this up?

I’d be interested in doing multiplayer KSP in a cooperative sense. Wouldn’t really be interested in doing a competition cause I’m not that good at it, but making a space station or something together sounds like fun.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.