Dslyecxi Enhanced Nightvision

Home / INDEX / Mods / Dslyecxi Enhanced Nightvision

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Chang 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mauler
    black_dragon leader donator supporter

Currently unreleased, but is being donated to ACE3 for assessment and potential inclusion in a future version.

Dslyecxi is good!

Yip Yar … !!

And to see the monocular version in action, watch

<O
    Mauler

• This topic was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  Mauler.
    • This topic was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by  Mauler.
Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Zhucifer
    black_dragon leader

I’m all for more realism but… fuck…that’s going to take some getting used to.

Synddd
    sql victor black_dragon leader operator

Fricken awsome!
    I’m just amazed that Arma is so open that you can mod this in.
    Very impressive.

The possibilities are endless with Arma as far as scripting and modding is concerned. You can do almost anything.
    There were talks about night vision FOV in another thread. Its good Dslyecxi touches on the difference between IRL NV Goggles, and Arma 3’s NV Goggles including circumstances, and limitations. Suits touched on how it really is IRL awhile ago, with the changing of distances.

fuck…that’s going to take some getting used to.

Wouldn’t count on it being a definite change yet.

Chang
    black_dragon donator supporter

I would like ASOR to include this update, its a pretty convincing mod. He’s using Gen 3 NV, so the pictures hes taking are actually some of the best NV you can get.

By comparison, I have a Gen 1 monocular and its basically only useful if you are going from bright to dark areas a lot and need night vision ASAP. Otherwise, if you just sit in darkness for long enough, your own natural night vision is basically comparable.

My only concern is whether or not enemy AI using NV have had their detection ranges tweaked? No point nerfing us if the enemy can (still) see us a mile away in the dark and oneshot us

My only concern is whether or not enemy AI using NV have had their detection ranges tweaked?

Wouldn’t think so. We use our own custom AI settings anyway, so even if they somehow tweaked AI settings, ours would override. The real question is if the NV Goggles affect the AI in the same way they do us.. (Limited FOV, Darkened Edges).

I would like ASOR to include this update, its a pretty convincing mod.

I’d like to see a ‘trial’ of this update, although I’m sceptical of its current effects. While it is realistic, we already have a narrow FOV in comparison to real life to begin with. You’d need to debate the change, as not only does it affect Infantryman, it also changes flying conditions, for pilots, drivers, etc.

That was actually my first question, no one has ever really explained how AI use NV. This would be awesome but if we are just blinding ourselves to a fully capable AI we all know how thats going to go.

Good to see a realistic representation of NV lighting though, very well done.

The ai we face don’t normally have nvgs anyway do they? Not that I’ve noticed at least. Could be useful to have a particularly deadly set of nvg equipped enemies to scare us in dark missions. I imagine they would have addressed it with the mod though if it was a problem since they do play against ai sometimes as well.

Alby
    gallantry sotf1 dwf russia leader donator operator

Think there was a question posed in his comments somewhere bout ai when i looked at this. He said it involes tweaking ai to compensate but can be done. Or hes had success with it. Whether that means just modifiying general ai spotting settings or something else i dunno.

Personally doesnt bother me. These types of mods are just there to add some extra challange & authenticity for yourself. Expecting arma ai to have to match my field of view doesnt really play into it for me. Half the time theyre staring at walls.

Unfortunatly it looks like been ace reliant & not standalone so its either one of the other for everyone. Id defintily luv to see it in myself ( from someone who can barely see shit out the cockpit window as is lol) but got a feeling most will prefer the wider view

Dave
    black_dragon leader sotf1 supporter donator

This would make us dread night missions.

Chang

Perfect

This would make us dread night missions.

Night mission are supposed to be more difficult then day ones. That’s the point, otherwise you’re just doing the same thing you always do with a green filter over everything.

Pharoah
    donator black_dragon

aren’t night missions meant to be easier for us? ie. we have the advantage (NVGS whilst the AI doesn’t and advertises their positions with flashlights).

Depends what you’re referring to exactly Pharoah. I’m under the impression based on the Video above, that NV Goggles IRL are hard to use. Is muffin is referring to NV’s in Arma 3, or NV’s IRL…

Alby
    gallantry sotf1 dwf russia leader donator operator

aren’t night missions meant to be easier for us? ie. we have the advantage (NVGS whilst the AI doesn’t and advertises their positions with flashlights).

Depends on who the enemy is. Either way darkness would always provide the better cocealment & easier to move on targets. But trade off would be the challenge of having to adapt & use the equipment effectively. This seems to be adding bit more emphasis to that side of things.

Not sure why the he changed the colour.. the original colour looked closer to real NVGs from his video. Looks like Its sort of easier in some respects (you get some peripheral.. just faded. With vanilla you get none).. but obviously harder in others (much smaller clear FOV).

Guess harder wasn’t really what I meant. What I mean is that a night operation should be approached differently and should be a different experience to a day one. The way it is now with Arma, the night doesn’t change our tactics and we usually do things pretty much the same way we normally do just with a green filter and the added benefit of the ai struggling to see us.

Stuff like not being able to engage beyond a few 100m (because of blurring in sights and the grain) would make for a more close quarters operation. Less apparent in Tanoa I guess because all ranges are pretty small but another example is maybe avoiding the jungle because it would get especially dark and the grain would make it hard to spot movement.

Chang

^ I like your train of thought Muffin, different gameplay style, not just difficulty

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.